Discover Hidden Treasures InThe Grounds At Maunsel
Maunsel House is surrounded by 100 acres of beautiful park land at the center of a 2000 acre estate.
We have luscious green lawns where guests can play games such as croquet or just relax with a glass of wine.
Meet Nelly, mum of Bluebell, one our miniature Shetland ponies who grazes in the park along with our herd of Castle Milk Moorit sheep.
Within the grounds you will find
- Miniature Shetland Ponies
- White Fantail Doves
- Guinea Fowl
- White Geese & Canadian Geese
- Variety of Ducks (Muscovy & Runner to name a few)
- Buzzards, Owls, Robins, Blue Tits, Grey Tits and Treecreepers
- Castle Milk Moorlit sheep
- Badger sets
- 200+ yr old Oak, Beech and Cyprus trees
- 150+ yr old Magnolia tree
- And much more!
If you would like to make the most of a Somerset summer’s day, why not have an outdoor wedding under our licensed bandstand?
And of course, guests will surely spot a peacock or two wandering, keeping watch over the estate and showing off their spectacular fans of feathers.